Green bell pepper, diced large
Red bell pepper, diced large
Zucchini, peeled and sliced
Large green onion, sliced
Grape tomatoes, sliced in half
Fresh basil leaves, washed, patted dry and chopped
Seasoned salt and pepper to taste
Prepare vegetables (peppers, zucchini, green onions, tomatoes, and basil -- and whatever other veggies your family likes) and place in an appropriately sized plastic food storage container with tight-fitting lid.
Drizzle veggies mix liberally with olive oil and then with balsamic vinegar.
Sprinkle seasoned salt and pepper liberally over all.Place lid on container and shake to coat all veggies with seasonings. Let stand 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, boil water for pasta and cook according to package directions. Cover and set aside. (Keep warm.)
Preheat gas grill and grill wok (metal basket made for grilling vegetables). Add marinated vegetable mixture, and grill on medium-high until crisp-tender. (About 10 minutes.)
Remove vegetables from grill into a bowl. Add cubes of gorgonzola cheese and toss lightly. Spoon vegetable-cheese mix over pasta.
Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese over the top.
Pasta Salad with Grilled Vegetables, Parsley and Feta
Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the orecchiette until al dente. Drain the pasta, rinse under cold water and drain well. Transfer the orecchiette to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, brush the asparagus, zucchini and eggplant with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the vegetables over moderately high heat: turn the asparagus several times, until crisp-tender and charred, about 2 minutes turn the zucchini once, until tender and charred, about 3 minutes turn the eggplant once, until tender and charred, about 5 minutes.
Transfer the grilled vegetables to a work surface. Cut the asparagus into 1-inch lengths. Cut the zucchini crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Halve the eggplant slices lengthwise, then cut them crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Add the grilled vegetables to the orecchiette.
In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the shallot and the remaining 5 tablespoons of olive oil. Pour the dressing over the pasta and toss to coat. Add the feta cheese, parsley and olives, season with salt and pepper and toss again, then serve.
Easy Grilled Vegetables
Yield: 6 servings
prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
total time: 30 minutes
Perfectly crisp-tender grilled veggies served with an amazing, tangy, garlicky basil sauce. You’ll want this sauce on everything!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, stemmed
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
- 2 ears corn, each cut crosswise into 4 pieces
- 2 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the basil garlic sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons packed fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- To make the basil garlic sauce, combine olive oil, vinegar, Dijon, garlic, basil and parsley in the bowl of a food processor until smooth and vibrant green season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Brush olive oil onto the asparagus, tomatoes, mushrooms, corn and zucchini season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add vegetables to grill, and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred all over, about 3-4 minutes for the asparagus, tomatoes and mushrooms and about 5-8 minutes for the corn and zucchini.
- Serve immediately with basil garlic sauce.
Did you Make This Recipe?
Tag @damn_delicious on Instagram and hashtag it #damndelicious.
Angel Hair Pasta with Grilled Vegetables
The whole point of having a garden full of growing vegetables is harvesting them to enhance your everyday dishes to make them remarkable. Early summer is a time when the garden begins yielding some wonderful vegetables. So we went to our good friends at Weber Grills, who came up with a great idea for using the grill and some of their special grilling accessories to enhance one of the country’s favorite pasta dishes: angel hair pasta.
There’s no heavy cream sauce or sugar-laden marinara going on this fresh-prepared pasta. This dish is all about light tastes with easy-made grilled garden vegetables. It can be ready in less than 45 minutes and will serve the whole family with a little left over for a mid-day snack after refrigeration. Let’s get started on the ingredients and preparation.
- Kosher salt
- 1 zucchini, about 5 ounces, cut into ½-inch dice
- 1 red bell pepper, about 5 ounces, cut into ½-inch dice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, about 6 ounces, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, about 1 pound total, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears fresh corn)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup packed roughly chopped fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- Freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the grill for direct cooking over high heat (450° to 550°F) and preheat a Weber Gourmet BBQ System Wok.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat on your kitchen stove for the pasta. Follow the directions on the pasta package for best results, put the pasta in the boiling water and head out to your grill area.
- 4 summer squash (about 2 pounds), halved lengthwise if large, sliced crosswise 1 inch thick
- 2 pints grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 red onions, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 ounces short pasta shape, such as campanelle or fusilli
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup firmly packed torn fresh basil leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Divide squash, tomatoes, onions, and garlic between two large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper toss to coat and then spread evenly. Roast (without tossing) until tender and starting to brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil add a generous amount of salt. Cook pasta until al dente according to package instructions. Drain, and return to pot.
Add roasted vegetables, butter, parmesan, and basil to pot season with salt and pepper, and toss gently with pasta to combine. Reheat over medium-low if necessary before serving.